Sunday, September 11, 2011

#17 Cosmic by Frank Cottrell Boyce

Liam is a 12 year old boy who looks 30. He is taller than his dad and already has facial hair. He often gets mistaken for an adult, and finally realizes that he can use this to his advantage. He rides a roller coaster without the required adult supervision, test drives a car and pretends to be the substitute teacher. Eventually he ends up as the parent chaperone on a field trip in outer space. I know that seems a little far fetched, but the story line is really entertaining. I mean, how many of us wouldn't do just about anything for a chance to go up in a rocket?!! Overall this was a fast paced read that kept my attention. I love this author and was not disappointed. I give it a 3.5 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment