Sunday, September 11, 2011

#19 Sean Griswold's Head by Lindsey Leavitt

Payton has just found out that her father has MS and her very organized life begins to fall apart. When the school counselor suggests that Payton use a focus object to help her journal about her feelings, Payton picks the head of the boy in front of her. Sean Griswold has sat in front of her every year since they were in 3rd grade, so she decides to focus on the back of his head (since she's not paying attention in class anyway). I'm sure you can guess what happens next... I really liked this book. I was afraid that it was going to be a sappy romance novel, but it wasn't. It was a fun summer read. Even my 7th grader liked it (and she doesn't like to read much of anything!). I highly recommend this book to those of you who prefer realistic fiction over fantasy, or those of you who just want a relaxing break. I give it 4.5 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment