Sunday, September 11, 2011

#18 Eight Grade Bites (The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod Book 1) by Heather Brewer

Vladimir Tod is a vampire, his mother was human and his father was a vampire but they both died a few years ago. If all of that isn't hard enough to deal with, now he's in eigth grade (we all know how mean middle school kids can be to someone who is different). I love the way Ms. Brewer creates a believable storyline about a middle school vampire. Vlad seems to take everything in stride and has a wonderful sense of humor (when complaining about his 11 o'clock curfew he says, ""I'm a creature of the night, for God's sake. And she wants me home by eleven? I don't think so").
I had been meaning to start this series for some time, and now I'm sorry that I waited so long. Once I began reading I couldn't put the book down. I can't wait to finish the rest of the series. I give it 4 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment