Monday, September 5, 2011

#6 - Alcatraz vs. the Evil Librarians by Brandon Sanderson

"Alcatraz Smedry doesn't seem destined for anything but disaster. On his 13th birthday he receives a bag of sand, which is quickly stolen by the cult of evil Librarians plotting to take over the world. The sand will give the Librarians the edge they need to achieve world domination. Alcatraz must stop them!...by infiltrating the local library, armed with nothing but eyeglasses and a talent for klutziness." This book was absolutely hysterical. The storyline is funny enough - but the author's side comments had me laughing out loud (so did my son and daughter). It was a wonderful mix of fantasy and humor, although I don't like that Mr. Sanderson chose to describe Librarians as Evil (I might need to write him a letter about that:) Overall I give this book 5 stars and I can't wait to read the next 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment